Redevelopment Grant Program
The Redevelopment Grant Program helps communities with the costs of redeveloping blighted industrial, residential, or commercial sites and putting land back into productive use.
Grants pay up to half of redevelopment costs for a qualifying site, with a 50-percent local match. Eligible applicants are cities, counties, port authorities, housing and redevelopment authorities, and economic development authorities.
Grants can pay for land acquisition, demolition, infrastructure improvements, soil stabilization when in-fill is required, ponding or other environmental infrastructure and adaptive reuse of buildings, including remedial activities at sites where a subsequent redevelopment will occur.
At least half of the grant money will be awarded to sites located outside of the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area, given that a sufficient number of eligible applications are received from outstate applicants.
Priority is given to projects with one or more of the following characteristics:
- Contamination remediation needs in conjunction with a redevelopment project
- Project meets current tax increment financing requirements for a redevelopment district and tax increments will contribute to the project
- Redevelopment potential within the municipality
- Proximity to public transit if located in the metropolitan area
- Multi-jurisdictional projects that take into account the need for affordable housing, transportation, and environmental impact
- Advances or promotes the Green Economy
Tell Us About Potential Projects
To gauge interest in and secure future funding for the Redevelopment Grant Program and the Demolition Loan Program, we're requesting project information from potential applicants. We'll compile the information to help the Legislature assess the level of demand for project funding. Download the Project Interest Form.
For More Information
Contact Meredith Udoibok at 651-259-7454 or 800-657-3858 or email email@example.com.