Dislocated Worker Program Overview
Our Dislocated Worker Program services are designed to help workers get back to work as quickly as possible and overcome such difficult barriers to employment as:
- Difficulty transferring specialized skills to other occupations or industries.
- A decline in the market demand for certain skills.
- Age or length of work experience.
- Need for formal training or education.
- Lack of jobs with earnings at a level comparable to their previous positions.
Services are custom tailored to meet an individual worker's specific needs. Working one-on-one with a counselor you'll develop a plan for employment that may include:
- Career planning and counseling
- Job search and placement services
- Counselor-approved training
- Other support services
How to Apply for Services
As soon you receive notice of permanent layoff or termination, you may inquire about Dislocated Worker Programs at a local WorkForce Center. Staff will help determine if you are eligible and get you started.
In cases of plant closings or mass layoffs of 50 or more workers, our Rapid Response Team can bring our services to your work site with your employer's cooperation.
Watch A Video Overview
The following video provides an overview of our Dislocated Worker program and what it can do for you. It covers who qualifies for the program, typical interactions at our WorkForce Center and interviews with people who have used our services.
Read Our Annual Report
Download a copy of our Dislocated Worker Program annual report, which highlights the activity and successes of the program's training, career-counseling, and job-search services.