Transition Assistance Program
Many returning veterans face career decisions. Some are embarking on civilian careers for the very first time. Some are expecting to resume careers they put on hold for the military. Others may see a return from active duty as an opportunity to take a whole new career path.
Nationally recognized Transition Assistance Program workshops can help you make informed choices about education and employment and make your transition back into work and home life smoother, more predictable, and more productive.
Commonly known as TAP, these comprehensive workshops will help you take stock of your current situation, explore career options, set goals, make achievable plans and develop the job research and job-seeking skills you’ll need to turn those plans into reality.
Participants receive detailed information about:
- How to assess individual skills and talents
- How to write effective resumes and cover letters
- How to conduct successful job searches
- Proper interviewing techniques
- Licensing and certification requirements
- Current labor market conditions
- Key contacts for veteran's benefits
A listing of the next available Transition Assistance Program training will be provided as it becomes available.
For More Information, Contact:
U.S. Department of Labor
Veterans Employment and Training
1st National Bank Building
332 Minnesota St
St. Paul, MN 55101