DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-3021 Computer and Information Systems Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming. Excludes “Computer Occupations" (15-1111 through 15-1199).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||170||16||$49.66/hr||$1.32/hr||$29.03/hr||$40.35/hr||$48.98/hr||$56.89/hr||$71.00/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||260||$45.87/hr||N/A|
|Operations Research Analysts||20||$36.46/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Evaluates data processing project proposals and assesses project feasibility.
- Directs daily operations of department and coordinates project activities with other departments.
- Develops and interprets organizational goals, policies, and procedures, and reviews project plans.
- Directs training of subordinates.
- Participates in staffing decisions.
- Develops performance standards and evaluates work in light of established standards.
- Analyzes workflow and assigns or schedules work to meet priorities and goals.
- Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Approves, prepares, monitors, and adjusts operational budget.
- Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to determine computing needs and system requirements.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports or project progress reports.