DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-3051 Industrial Production Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Production and Operating Workers||12,600||$26.30/hr||N/A|
|Industrial Engineering Technicians||2,930||$24.31/hr||8.0%|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand||2,860||$22.37/hr||26.4%|
|Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers||2,260||$40.24/hr||9.2%|
|Purchasing Agents and Buyers, Farm Products||310||$32.13/hr||6.3%|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers||230||$24.22/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Industrial Production Managers
- Directs and coordinates production, processing, distribution, and marketing activities of industrial organization.
- Coordinates and recommends procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification.
- Develops budgets and approves expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources.
- Resolves personnel grievances.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, and discharges staff.
- Prepares and maintains production reports and personnel records.
- Examines samples of raw products or directs testing during processing to ensure finished products conform to prescribed quality standards.
- Reviews plans and confers with research and support staff to develop new products and processes or the quality of existing products.
- Analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports to detect production problems.
- Reviews operations and confers with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Negotiates materials prices with suppliers.
- Initiates and coordinates inventory and cost control programs.
- Reviews processing schedules and production orders to determine staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments.