DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-9031 Education Administrators, Preschool and Child Care Center/Program
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate the academic and nonacademic activities of preschool and childcare centers or programs. Excludes “Preschool Teachers" (25-2011).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
Tasks for Education Administrators, Preschool and Child Care Center/Program
- Establishes program philosophy plans, policies, and academic codes of ethics to maintain educational standards for student screening, placement and training.
- Prepares and submits budget requests or grant proposals to solicit program funding.
- Coordinates outreach activities with businesses, communities, and other institutions or organizations to identify educational needs, and establish and coordinate programs.
- Directs and coordinates activities of teachers or administrators at daycare centers, schools, public agencies, and institutions.
- Organizes and directs committees of specialists, volunteers, and staff to provide technical and advisory assistance for programs.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and evaluates primary and supplemental staff and recommends personnel actions for programs and services.
- Plans and coordinates consumer research and educational services to assist organizations in product development and marketing.
- Teaches classes or courses to students.
- Completes, maintains, or assigns preparation of attendance, activity, planning, or personnel reports and records for officials and agencies.
- Reviews and interprets government codes and develops programs to ensure facility safety, security, and maintenance.
- Counsels and provides guidance to students regarding personal, academic, or behavioral problems.
- Confers with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Writes articles, manuals, and other publications and assists in the distribution of promotional literature.
- Contacts and addresses commercial, community, or political groups to promote educational programs and services or lobby for legislative changes.
- Determines allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment and authorizes purchases.
- Collects and analyzes survey data, regulatory information, and demographic and employment trends to forecast enrollment patterns and curriculum changes.
- Determines scope of educational program offerings and prepares drafts of course schedules and descriptions to estimate staffing and facility requirements.
- Evaluates programs to determine effectiveness, efficiency and utilization and to ensure activities comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Plans, directs, and monitors instructional methods and content for educational, vocational, or student activity programs.
- Reviews and approves new programs or recommends modifications to existing programs.