DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-9121 Natural Sciences Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields. Excludes “Architecture and Engineering Managers" (11-9041) and "Computer and Information Systems Managers" (11-3021).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Production and Operating Workers||12,600||$26.30/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Farming, Fishing, and Forestry Workers||230||$24.22/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Natural Sciences Managers
- Schedules, directs, and assigns duties to engineers, technicians, researchers, and other staff.
- Plans and directs research, development, and production activities of chemical plant.
- Coordinates successive phases of problem analysis, solution proposals, and testing.
- Prepares and administers budget, approves and reviews expenditures, and prepares financial reports.
- Reviews project activities, and prepares and reviews research, testing, and operational reports.
- Confers with scientists, engineers, regulators, and others to plan and review projects, and to provide technical assistance.
- Advises and assists in obtaining patents or other legal requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to agencies conducting environmental studies.