DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
11-9151 Social and Community Service Managers
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of a social service program or community outreach organization. Oversee the program or organization's budget and policies regarding participant involvement, program requirements, and benefits. Work may involve directing social workers, counselors, or probation officers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 6W- Upper Minnesota Valley||10||0||$25.50/hr||$1.43/hr||$18.98/hr||$20.05/hr||$21.85/hr||$26.20/hr||$42.84/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers||120||$18.73/hr||N/A|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||30||$82,541/yr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers||30||$12.73/hr||N/A|
|Food Service Managers||20||$22.35/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Social and Community Service Managers
- Confers and consults with individuals, groups, and committees to determine needs, and plan, implement, and extend organization's programs and services.
- Observes workers to evaluate performance and ensure work meets established standards.
- Interviews, recruits, or hires volunteers and staff.
- Instructs and trains agency staff or volunteers in skills required to provide services.
- Advises volunteers and volunteer leaders to ensure quality of programs and effective use of resources.
- Speaks to community groups to explain and interpret agency purpose, programs, and policies.
- Coordinates volunteer service programs, such as Red Cross, hospital volunteers, or vocational training for disabled individuals.
- Assigns duties to staff or volunteers.
- Plans, directs, and prepares fund-raising activities and public relations materials.
- Researches and analyzes member or community needs as basis for community development.
- Prepares, distributes, and maintains records and reports, such as budgets, personnel records, or training manuals.
- Participates in program activities to serve clients of agency.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet and not duplicate community needs and services.
- Determines organizational policies, defines scope of services offered, and administration of procedures.