DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
13-1011 Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
Occupational Description:Represent and promote artists, performers, and athletes in dealings with current or prospective employers. May handle contract negotiation and other business matters for clients.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Food Service Managers||4,650||$21.36/hr||-3.4%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||3,790||$23.71/hr||8.1%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||2,580||$27.18/hr||8.4%|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers||1,230||$21.34/hr||19.9%|
Tasks for Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
- Negotiates with management, promoters, union officials, and other persons, to obtain contracts for clients, such as entertainers, artists, and athletes.
- Obtains information and inspects facilities, equipment, and accommodations of potential performance venue.
- Prepares periodic accounting statements for clients concerning financial affairs.
- Hires trainer or coach to advise client on performance matters, such as training techniques or presentation of act.
- Conducts auditions or interviews new clients.
- Collects fees, commission, or other payment, according to contract terms.
- Manages business affairs for clients, such as obtaining travel and lodging accommodations, selling tickets, marketing and advertising, and paying expenses.
- Schedules promotional or performance engagements for clients.
- Advises clients on financial and legal matters, such as investments and taxes.