DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
13-1023 Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
Occupational Description:Purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. Purchase raw or semi-finished materials for manufacturing. Excludes “Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products" (13-1021) and "Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products" (13-1022).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 8 - Southwest||90||25||$25.13/hr||$0.81/hr||$16.17/hr||$19.86/hr||$24.67/hr||$30.85/hr||$35.25/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Customer Service Representatives||610||$13.11/hr||N/A|
|Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators||20||$22.54/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Negotiates or renegotiates, and administers contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Formulates policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Locates and arranges for purchase of goods and services necessary for efficient operation of organization.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices.
- Directs and coordinates workers' activities involving bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Arbitrates claims and resolves complaints generated during performance of contract.
- Confers with personnel, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determines corrective action.
- Maintains and reviews computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance to determine need for changes and to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid proposals and reviews requisitions for goods and services.