DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
13-1032 Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
Occupational Description:Appraise automobile or other vehicle damage to determine repair costs for insurance claim settlement. Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair cost or cost estimates and recommendations. May seek agreement with automotive repair shop on repair costs.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Compliance Officers, Except Agriculture, Construction, Health and Safety, and Transportation||30||$34.30/hr||N/A|
|Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Customer Service Representatives||N/A||$13.18/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Estimates parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts-cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Prepares insurance forms to indicate repair-cost estimates and recommendations.
- Evaluates practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Arranges to have damage appraised by another appraiser to resolve disagreement with shop on repair cost.
- Determines salvage value on total-loss vehicle.
- Reviews repair-cost estimates with automobile-repair shop to secure agreement on cost of repairs.
- Examines damaged vehicle to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, electrical, or interior damage.