DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
13-2051 Financial Analysts
Occupational Description:Conduct quantitative analyses of information affecting investment programs of public or private institutions.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Accountants and Auditors||23,200||$29.01/hr||12.8%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||4,350||$28.12/hr||24.0%|
|Tax Examiners, Collectors, and Revenue Agents||1,290||$25.24/hr||3.6%|
Tasks for Financial Analysts
- Analyzes financial information to forecast business, industry, and economic conditions, for use in making investment decisions.
- Recommends investment timing and buy-and-sell orders to company or to staff of investment establishment.
- Draws charts and graphs to illustrate reports, using computer.
- Calls brokers and purchases investments for company, according to company policy.
- Gathers information such as industry, regulatory, and economic information, company financial statements, financial periodicals, and newspapers.
- Interprets data concerning price, yield, stability, and future trends in investment risks and economic influences pertinent to investments.