DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
15-2091 Mathematical Technicians
Occupational Description:Apply standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to technological problems in engineering and physical sciences in relation to specific industrial and research objectives, processes, equipment, and products.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|Minneapolis-Saint Paul MN-WI MSA||280||15||$43.60/hr||$7.02/hr||$20.73/hr||$28.00/hr||$46.88/hr||$58.31/hr||$68.80/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Numerical Tool and Process Control Programmers||560||$25.55/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Mathematical Technicians
- Translates data into numerical values, equations, flow charts, graphs or other media.
- Calculates data for analysis, using computer or calculator.
- Selects most feasible combination and sequence of computational methods to reduce raw data to meaningful and manageable terms.
- Selects most economical and reliable combination of manual, mechanical, or data processing methods and equipment consistent with data reduction requirements.
- Analyzes raw data from computer or recorded on photographic film or other media.
- Confers with professional scientific, and engineering personnel to plan project.
- Analyzes processed data to detect errors.
- Modifies standard formulas to conform to data processing method selected.