DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
Occupational Description:Conduct religious worship and perform other spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faith or denomination. Provide spiritual and moral guidance and assistance to members.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||950||$53,671/yr||N/A|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||100||$93,472/yr||N/A|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||60||$54,757/yr||N/A|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||30||$24.58/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Clergy
- Leads congregation in worship services.
- Administers religious rites or ordinances.
- Interprets doctrine of religion.
- Prepares and delivers sermons and other talks.
- Instructs people who seek conversion to faith.
- Writes articles for publication.
- Engages in interfaith, community, civic, educational, and recreational activities sponsored by or related to interest of denomination.
- Visits sick and shut-ins, and helps poor.
- Counsels those in spiritual need.
- Conducts wedding and funeral services.