DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
21-2021 Directors, Religious Activities and Education
Occupational Description:Plan, direct, or coordinate programs designed to promote the religious education or activities of a denominational group. May provide counseling and guidance relative to marital, health, financial, and religious problems.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||5,660||$28.31/hr||7.3%|
Tasks for Directors, Religious Activities and Education
- Coordinates activities with religious advisers, councils, and university officials to meet religious needs of students.
- Develops, organizes, and directs study courses and religious education programs within congregation.
- Promotes student participation in extracurricular congregational activities.
- Supervises instructional staff in religious education program.
- Orders and distributes school supplies.
- Analyzes revenue and program cost data to determine budget priorities.
- Interprets religious education to public through speaking, leading discussions, and writing articles for local and national publications.
- Interprets policies of university to community religious workers.
- Analyzes member participation and changes in congregation emphasis to determine needs for religious education.
- Solicits support, participation, and interest in religious education programs from congregation members, organizations, officials, and clergy.
- Plans and conducts conferences dealing with interpretation of religious ideas and convictions.
- Assists and advises groups in promoting interfaith understanding.
- Plans congregational activities and projects to encourage participation in religious education programs.
- Counsels individuals regarding marital, health, financial, and religious problems.