DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
25-1021 Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Occupational Description:Teach courses in computer science. May specialize in a field of computer science, such as the design and function of computers or operations and research analysis. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||60||7||$72,592/yr||$1,866/yr||$50,113/yr||$55,815/yr||$68,527/yr||$86,738/yr||$98,117/yr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||620||$60.40/hr||N/A|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||80||$65,724/yr||N/A|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||50||$28.56/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Prepares and delivers lectures to students.
- Directs research of other teachers or graduate students working for advanced academic degrees.
- Advises students on academic and vocational curricula.
- Conducts research in particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals.
- Serves on faculty committee providing professional consulting services to government and industry.
- Acts as adviser to student organizations.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Stimulates class discussions.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.