DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
25-1022 Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Occupational Description:Teach courses pertaining to mathematical concepts, statistics, and actuarial science and to the application of original and standardized mathematical techniques in solving specific problems and situations. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||80||18||$70,873/yr||$6,244/yr||$35,197/yr||$50,631/yr||$61,619/yr||$86,674/yr||$134,488/yr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Computer and Information Systems Managers||570||$62.88/hr||N/A|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||250||$86,867/yr||N/A|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||20||$63,572/yr||N/A|
Tasks for Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Prepares and delivers lectures to students.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Advises students on academic and vocational curricula.
- Conducts research in particular field of knowledge and publishes findings in professional journals.
- Serves on faculty committee providing professional consulting services to government and industry.
- Acts as adviser to student organizations.
- Directs research of other teachers or graduate students working for advanced academic degrees.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Stimulates class discussions.