DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
25-1072 Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary
Occupational Description:Demonstrate and teach patient care in classroom and clinical units to nursing students. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists||N/A||$24.85/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary
- Instructs and lectures nursing students in principles and application of physical, biological, and psychological subjects related to nursing.
- Participates in planning curriculum, teaching schedule, and course outline with medical and nursing personnel.
- Supervises student nurses and demonstrates patient care in clinical units of hospital.
- Directs seminars and panels.
- Conducts classes for patients in health practices and procedures.
- Evaluates student progress and maintains records of student classroom and clinical experience.
- Prepares and administers examinations to nursing students.
- Cooperates with medical and nursing personnel in evaluating and improving teaching and nursing practices.
- Issues assignments to students.
- Conducts and supervises laboratory work.