DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
27-2022 Coaches and Scouts
Occupational Description:Instruct or coach groups or individuals in the fundamentals of sports. Demonstrate techniques and methods of participation. May evaluate athletes' strengths and weaknesses as possible recruits or to improve the athletes' technique to prepare them for competition. Those required to hold teaching degrees should be reported in the appropriate teaching category. Excludes "Athletic Trainers" (29-9091).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||120||11||$37,988/yr||$916/yr||$17,017/yr||$18,962/yr||$33,558/yr||$48,371/yr||$65,068/yr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers||1,050||$20.60/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||360||$31.33/hr||N/A|
|Chefs and Head Cooks||130||$18.75/hr||N/A|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||80||$11.56/hr||N/A|
|First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers||70||$17.41/hr||N/A|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||50||$25.90/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Coaches and Scouts
- Analyzes athletes' performance and reviews game statistics or records to determine fitness and potential for professional sports.
- Evaluates team and opposition capabilities to develop and plan game strategy.
- Evaluates athletes' skills and discusses or recommends acquisition, trade, or position assignment of players.
- Negotiates with professional athletes or representatives to obtain services and arrange contracts.
- Prepares scouting reports detailing information, such as selection or rejection of athletes and locations identified for future recruitment.
- Instructs athletes, individually or in groups, demonstrating sport techniques and game strategies.
- Plans and directs physical conditioning program for athletes to achieve maximum athletic performance.
- Observes athletes to determine areas of deficiency and need for individual or team improvement.