DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
27-4014 Sound Engineering Technicians
Occupational Description:Operate machines and equipment to record, synchronize, mix, or reproduce music, voices, or sound effects in sporting arenas, theater productions, recording studios, or movie and video productions.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
Tasks for Sound Engineering Technicians
- Records speech, music, and other sounds on recording media, using recording equipment.
- Synchronizes and equalizes prerecorded dialog, music, and sound effects with visual action of motion picture or television production, using control console.
- Reproduces and duplicates sound recordings from original recording media, using sound editing and duplication equipment.
- Mixes and edits voices, music, and taped sound effects, during stage performances, using sound mixing board.
- Regulates volume level and quality of sound during motion picture, phonograph, television, or radio production recording sessions, using control console.
- Keeps log of recordings.
- Maintains recording equipment.
- Sets up, adjusts, and tests recording equipment to prepare for recording session.