DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
29-2051 Dietetic Technicians
Occupational Description:Assist in the provision of food service and nutritional programs, under the supervision of a dietitian. May plan and produce meals based on established guidelines, teach principles of food and nutrition, or counsel individuals.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7E- East Central||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||20||$26.75/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Dietetic Technicians
- Guides individuals and families in food selection, preparation, and menu planning, based upon nutritional needs.
- Assists in referrals for continuity of patient care.
- Supervises food production and service.
- Develops job specifications, job descriptions, and work schedules.
- Assists in implementing established cost control procedures.
- Plans menus based on established guidelines.
- Obtains and evaluates dietary histories of individuals to plan nutritional programs.
- Selects, schedules, and conducts orientation and in-service education programs.
- Standardizes recipes and tests new products for use in facility.