DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-2011 Cooks, Fast Food
Occupational Description:Prepare and cook food in a fast food restaurant with a limited menu. Duties of these cooks are limited to preparation of a few basic items and normally involve operating large-volume single-purpose cooking equipment.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||1,480||459||$9.09/hr||$0.36/hr||$7.79/hr||$8.24/hr||$8.99/hr||$10.01/hr||$11.39/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||8,540||$8.90/hr||N/A|
|Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners||7,590||$10.52/hr||N/A|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||5,980||$8.70/hr||N/A|
|Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials||1,200||$11.57/hr||N/A|
|Butchers and Meat Cutters||1,010||$23.55/hr||N/A|
|Cooks, Short Order||810||$9.28/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Cooks, Fast Food
- Prepares specialty foods, such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, and tacos, following specific methods, usually requiring short preparation time.
- Reads food order slip or receives verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Measures required ingredients needed for specific food item being prepared.
- Prepares dough, following recipe.
- Prepares and serves beverage, such as coffee and fountain drinks.
- Serves orders to customers at window or counter.
- Cleans work area and food preparation equipment.
- Slices meats, cheeses, and vegetables, using knives and food slicing machines.