DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
35-3021 Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
Occupational Description:Perform duties which combine preparing and serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 2 - Headwaters||600||33||$8.93/hr||$0.28/hr||$7.73/hr||$8.13/hr||$8.78/hr||$9.44/hr||$11.13/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Waiters and Waitresses||530||$8.59/hr||N/A|
|Food Preparation Workers||170||$10.73/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||110||$8.56/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||60||$9.71/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Selects food items from serving or storage areas and places food and beverage items on serving tray or in takeout bag.
- Cooks or re-heats food items, such as french fries.
- Receives payment.
- Notifies kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Requests and records customer order and computes bill.
- Makes and serves hot and cold beverages or desserts.