DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
39-3012 Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
Occupational Description:Post information enabling patrons to wager on various races and sporting events. Assist in the operation of games such as keno and bingo. May operate random number generating equipment and announce the numbers for patrons. Receive, verify, and record patrons' wagers. Scan and process winning tickets presented by patrons and payout winnings for those wagers.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 4 - West Central||130||25||$10.41/hr||$0.85/hr||$8.05/hr||$8.90/hr||$10.35/hr||$12.01/hr||$13.66/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||1,270||$8.64/hr||N/A|
|Food Preparation Workers||310||$9.60/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||160||$10.84/hr||N/A|
|Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Conducts gambling table or game, such as dice, roulette, cards, or keno, and ensures that game rules are followed.
- Verifies, computes, and pays out winnings.
- Participates in game for gambling establishment to provide minimum complement of players at table.
- Seats patrons at gaming tables.
- Sells food, beverages, and tobacco to players.
- Prepares collection report for submission to supervisor.
- Exchanges paper currency for playing chips or coin money and collects game fees or wagers.