DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
39-3031 Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
Occupational Description:Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and telephones.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||12,130||$8.84/hr||4.4%|
|Dining Room and Cafeteria Attendants and Bartender Helpers||7,560||$8.71/hr||4.3%|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||6,410||$10.29/hr||20.1%|
|Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks||4,470||$9.79/hr||11.8%|
|Parking Lot Attendants||1,820||$10.40/hr||1.2%|
|Cooks, Fast Food||N/A||$8.88/hr||-4.2%|
Tasks for Ushers, Lobby Attendants, and Ticket Takers
- Serves patrons at refreshment stand during intermission.
- Monitors patrons' activities to prevent disorderly conduct and rowdiness and to detect infractions of rules.
- Counts and records number of tickets collected.
- Examines ticket or pass to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color and date issued.
- Assists patrons to find seats, search for lost articles, and locate facilities, such as restrooms and telephones.
- Verifies credentials of patrons desiring entrance into press-box and permits only authorized persons to enter.
- Collects admission tickets and passes from patrons at entertainment events.
- Refuses admittance to patrons without ticket or pass, or who are undesirable for reasons, such as intoxication or improper attire.
- Greets patrons desiring to attend entertainment events.
- Distributes programs to patrons, or door checks to patrons temporarily leaving establishment.
- Assists other workers to change advertising display.
- Runs errand for patrons of press-box, such as obtaining refreshments and carrying news releases.