DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
39-3091 Amusement and Recreation Attendants
Occupational Description:Perform a variety of attending duties at amusement or recreation facility. May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 9 - South Central||150||50||$9.43/hr||$0.30/hr||$7.85/hr||$8.47/hr||$9.48/hr||$10.70/hr||$11.42/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||1,380||$8.57/hr||N/A|
|Waiters and Waitresses||430||$8.68/hr||N/A|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||300||$11.53/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||170||$9.14/hr||N/A|
|Service Station Attendants||N/A||$16.21/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Schedules use of recreation facilities, such as golf courses, tennis courts, bowling alleys, and softball diamonds.
- Receives, retrieves, replaces, and stores sports equipment and supplies, arranges items in designated areas, and erects or removes equipment.
- Assists patrons on and off amusement rides, boats, or ski lifts, and in mounting and riding animals, and fastens or directs patrons to fasten safety devices.
- Provides information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations.
- Inspects, repairs, adjusts, tests, fuels, and oils sporting and recreation equipment, game machines, and amusement rides.
- Cleans sporting equipment, vehicles, rides, booths, facilities, and grounds.
- Attends amusement booth in parks, carnivals, or stadiums and awards prizes to winning players.
- Sells and serves refreshments to customers.
- Announces and describes amusement park attractions to patrons to entice customers to games and other entertainment.
- Provides entertainment services, such as guessing patron's weight, conducting games, or explaining use of arcade game machines, and photographing patrons.
- Launches, moors, and shows demonstrates use of boats, such as rowboats, canoes, and motorboats, or caddies for golfers.
- Monitors activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures to protect environment and maintain order, and ejects unruly patrons.
- Attends animals, performing such tasks as harnessing, saddling, feeding, watering, and grooming, and drives horse-drawn vehicle for entertainment or advertising purposes.
- Records details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, and repair activities.
- Directs patrons of establishment to rides, seats, or attractions, or escorts patrons on tours of points of interest.
- Operates, drives, or explains use of mechanical riding devices or other automatic equipment in amusement parks, carnivals, or recreation areas.
- Rents, sells, and issues sports equipment and supplies, such as bowling shoes, golf balls, swimming suits, and beach chairs.
- Sells tickets and collects fees from customers, and collects or punches tickets.