DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
39-3092 Costume Attendants
Occupational Description:Select, fit, and take care of costumes for cast members, and aid entertainers. May assist with multiple costume changes during performances.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Tailors, Dressmakers, and Custom Sewers||N/A||$14.19/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Costume Attendants
- Inventories stock to determine types and condition of costuming available and selects costumes based on historical analysis and studies.
- Studies books, pictures, and examples of period clothing to determine styles worn during specific period in history.
- Designs and constructs costume or sends it to tailor for construction or major repairs and alterations.
- Purchases or rents costumes and other wardrobe accessories from vendor.
- Assists cast in donning costumes or assigns cast dresser to assist specific cast members with costume changes.
- Arranges or directs cast dresser to arrange costumes on clothing racks in sequence of appearance.
- Examines costume fit on cast member, and sketches or writes notes for alterations.
- Analyzes or reviews analysis of script to determine locale of story, period, number of characters, and costumes required per character.
- Repairs, alters, cleans, presses, and refits costume prior to performance and cleans and stores costume following performance.