DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
39-3093 Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
Occupational Description:Provide personal items to patrons or customers in locker rooms, dressing rooms, or coatrooms.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 8 - Southwest||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food||1,290||$8.73/hr||N/A|
|Waiters and Waitresses||270||$8.64/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||90||$8.89/hr||N/A|
|Child Care Workers||60||$9.06/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Explains nature and cost of services and facilities available, demonstrates use of equipment, and answers customer inquiries.
- Cleans and polishes footwear, using brush, sponge, cleaning fluid, polish, wax, liquid or sole dressing, and dauber.
- Arranges, supervises, and provides valet services such as clothes pressing, shoe shining, sending and receiving mail, and car parking.
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance of facilities and equipment, using mop, broom, lawn mower, and other cleaning aids.
- Secures boat to dock, using mooring lines, connects utility lines to boat, and pumps water from boat for patrons.
- Sells service-related products and collects fees for services, rent, products, or supplies.
- Records and reviews client's activities to assure program is followed.
- Transports customers and baggage, using motor vehicle.
- Assists persons in establishments such as apartments, hotels, or hospitals, by opening doors, carrying bags, and performing related services.
- Stores personal possessions for patrons, issues a claim check for articles stored, and returns articles on receipt of check.
- Issues keys, athletic equipment, or supplies, such as soap, towels, and weight loss aids.
- Inspects building and grounds, and reports or removes unauthorized or undesirable persons.
- Schedules appointments for client sessions, registers guests, and assigns accommodations.
- Interviews, evaluates, and advises client to develop personal improvement plan, such as weight loss, using scales, measures, and recommended guidelines.
- Conducts body conditioning therapy such as steam or electric shock, using physical or visual stimuli.
- Assists customer in tub or steam room, bathes or massages them, using water, brush, mitt, sponge, and towel, to clean skin.
- Packs equipment and uniforms and attends to needs of individual athletes in clubhouse.