DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
39-9041 Residential Advisors
Occupational Description:Coordinate activities in resident facilities in secondary and college dormitories, group homes, or similar establishments. Order supplies and determine need for maintenance, repairs, and furnishings. May maintain household records and assign rooms. May assist residents with problem solving or refer them to counseling resources.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Personal and Home Care Aides||590||$10.15/hr||N/A|
|Social and Human Service Assistants||270||$14.91/hr||N/A|
|Child Care Workers||40||$12.83/hr||N/A|
|Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Residential Advisors
- Plans menus of meals for residents of establishment.
- Hires and supervises activities of housekeeping personnel.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Answers telephone.
- Escorts individuals on trips outside establishment for shopping or to obtain medical or dental services.
- Compiles records of daily activities of residents.
- Counsels residents in identifying and resolving social and other problems.
- Assigns room, assists in planning recreational activities, and supervises work and study programs.
- Orders supplies and determines need for maintenance, repairs, and furnishings.
- Ascertains need for and secures service of physician.
- Chaperons group-sponsored trips and social functions.