DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4011 Brokerage Clerks
Occupational Description:Perform duties related to the purchase, sale or holding of securities. Duties include writing orders for stock purchases or sales, computing transfer taxes, verifying stock transactions, accepting and delivering securities, tracking stock price fluctuations, computing equity, distributing dividends, and keeping records of daily transactions and holdings.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
Tasks for Brokerage Clerks
- Records and documents security transactions, such as purchases, sales, conversions, redemptions, and payments, using computers, accounting ledgers, and certificate records.
- Prepares forms, such as receipts, withdrawal orders, transmittal papers, and transfer confirmations, based on transaction requests from stockholders.
- Schedules and coordinates transfer and delivery of security certificates between companies, departments, and customers.
- Verifies ownership and transaction information and dividend distribution instructions to ensure conformance with governmental regulations, using stock records and reports.
- Monitors daily stock prices and computes fluctuations to determine the need for additional collateral to secure loans.
- Files, types, and operates standard office machines.
- Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries, discuss market fluctuations, and resolve account problems.
- Computes total holdings, dividends, interest, transfer taxes, brokerage fees, and commissions and allocates appropriate payments to customers.
- Prepares reports summarizing daily transactions and earnings for individual customer accounts.