DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4071 File Clerks
Occupational Description:File correspondence, cards, invoices, receipts, and other records in alphabetical or numerical order or according to the filing system used. Locate and remove material from file when requested.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7W- Central||170||37||$12.84/hr||$0.52/hr||$8.58/hr||$11.02/hr||$13.11/hr||$14.53/hr||$16.61/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||2,950||$10.46/hr||N/A|
|Data Entry Keyers||680||$13.24/hr||N/A|
|Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service||90||$15.09/hr||N/A|
Tasks for File Clerks
- Sorts or classifies information, according to content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
- Scans or reads incoming materials to determine filing order or location.
- Inspects or examines materials or files for accuracy, legibility, or damage.
- Assigns and records or stamps identification numbers or codes to index materials for filing.
- Photographs or makes copies of data and records, using photocopying or microfilming equipment.
- Authorizes or documents materials movement, using logbook or computer and traces missing files.
- Inserts additional data on file records.
- Removes or destroys out dated materials in accordance with file maintenance schedules or legal requirements.
- Locates and retrieves files upon request from authorized users.
- Places materials into storage receptacles, such as file cabinets, boxes, bins, or drawers, according to classification and identification information.