DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4081 Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
Occupational Description:Accommodate hotel, motel, and resort patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 3 - Arrowhead||430||63||$9.70/hr||$0.31/hr||$7.91/hr||$8.41/hr||$9.24/hr||$10.83/hr||$12.83/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Receptionists and Information Clerks||960||$12.73/hr||N/A|
|Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop||420||$8.67/hr||N/A|
|Counter and Rental Clerks||410||$9.23/hr||N/A|
|Food Servers, Nonrestaurant||310||$11.06/hr||N/A|
|Court, Municipal, and License Clerks||190||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests of hotel or motel.
- Date-stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.
- Deposits guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Issues room key and escort instructions to bellhop.
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Transmits and receives messages, using telephone or telephone switchboard.
- Posts charges, such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger, manually or using computer.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computer.