DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4111 Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
Occupational Description:Interview persons by telephone, mail, in person, or by other means for the purpose of completing forms, applications, or questionnaires. Ask specific questions, record answers, and assist persons with completing form. May sort, classify, and file forms.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 7E- East Central||N/A||N/A||$16.17/hr||$0.51/hr||$12.74/hr||$14.20/hr||$16.11/hr||$17.82/hr||$19.84/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs||60||$20.48/hr||N/A|
|Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service||40||$13.14/hr||N/A|
|Credit Authorizers, Checkers, and Clerks||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan
- Contacts persons at home, place of business, or field location, by telephone, mail, or in person.
- Explains reason for questioning, and other specified information.
- Asks questions to obtain various specified information, such as person's name, address, age, religion, and state of residency.
- Records results and data from interview or survey, using computer or specified form.
- Assists person in filling out application or questionnaire.
- Compiles and sorts data from interview and reviews to correct errors.