DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-4161 Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
Occupational Description:Compile and keep personnel records. Record data for each employee, such as address, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports, and date of and reason for termination. May prepare reports for employment records, file employment records, or search employee files and furnish information to authorized persons.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Employment, Recruitment, and Placement Specialists||9,970||$25.10/hr||N/A|
|Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks||5,390||$21.93/hr||4.2%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||4,290||$19.72/hr||12.3%|
|Interviewers, Except Eligibility and Loan||2,800||$14.84/hr||21.3%|
|Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs||2,790||$21.94/hr||3.4%|
|Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate||1,950||$24.61/hr||6.1%|
Tasks for Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Processes and reviews employment application to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicant.
- Answers questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Interviews applicants to obtain and verify information.
- Requests information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references to determine applicant's employment acceptability.
- Selects applicants having specified job requirements and refers to employing official.
- Explains company insurance policies and options to employees and files claim and cancellation forms.
- Communicates with employees or applicants to explain company personnel policies and procedures.
- Administers and scores employee aptitude, skills, personality, and interests tests.
- Prepares listing of vacancies and notifies eligible workers of position availability.
- Maintains and updates employee records to document personnel actions and changes in employee status.
- Records employee data, such as address, rate of pay, absences, and benefits, using personal computer.
- Compiles and types reports from employment records.