DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-9021 Data Entry Keyers
Occupational Description:Operate data entry device, such as keyboard or photo composing perforator. Duties may include verifying data and preparing materials for printing. Excludes "Word Processors and Typists" (43-9022).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 1 - Northwest||30||3||$14.09/hr||$0.52/hr||$10.47/hr||$11.48/hr||$13.52/hr||$16.14/hr||$18.47/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Billing and Posting Clerks and Machine Operators||120||$15.83/hr||N/A|
|Word Processors and Typists||20||$15.61/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Data Entry Keyers
- Enters data from source documents into computer or onto tape or disk for subsequent entry, using keyboard or scanning device.
- Compares data entered with source documents.
- Compiles, sorts, and verifies accuracy of data to be entered.
- Deletes incorrectly entered data.
- Keeps record of completed work.
- Loads machine with required input or output media, such as paper, cards, disk, tape or Braille media.
- Files completed documents.
- Resolves garbled or indecipherable messages, using cryptographic procedures and equipment.
- Selects materials needed to complete work assignment.
- Re-enters data in verification format to detect errors.