DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
43-9031 Desktop Publishers
Occupational Description:Format typescript and graphic elements using computer software to produce publication-ready material.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||40||7||$18.51/hr||$0.63/hr||$13.06/hr||$15.98/hr||$17.96/hr||$21.23/hr||$25.61/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
Tasks for Desktop Publishers
- Views monitors for visual representation of work in progress and for instructions and feedback throughout process.
- Activates options, such as masking, pixel (picture element) editing, airbrushing, or image retouching.
- Activates options, such as masking or text processing.
- Enters data, such as background color, shapes, and coordinates of images; and retrieves data from system memory.
- Enters data, such as coordinates of images and color specifications, into system to retouch and make color corrections.
- Enters digitized data into electronic prepress system computer memory, using scanner, camera, keyboard, or mouse.
- Saves completed work on floppy disks or magnetic tape.
- Creates special effects, such as vignettes, mosaics, and image combining.
- Loads floppy disks or tapes containing information into system.
- Studies layout or other instructions to determine work to be done and sequence of operations.