DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
Occupational Description:Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surface for painting or papering.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
Tasks for Tapers
- Spreads sealing compound between boards, using trowel, broadknife or spatula.
- Sands rough spots after cement has dried.
- Installs metal molding at corners in lieu of sealant and tape.
- Fills cracks and holes in walls and ceiling with sealing compound.
- Countersinks nails or screws below surface of wall prior to applying sealing compound, using hammer or screwdriver.
- Applies texturizing compound and primer to walls and ceiling preparatory to final finishing, using brushes, roller, or spray gun.
- Mixes sealing compound by hand or with portable electric mixer.
- Spreads and smoothes cementing material over tape, using trowel or floating machine to blend joint with wall surface.
- Presses paper tape over joint to embed tape into sealing compound and seal joint.
- Tapes joint, using mechanical applicator that spreads compound and embeds tape in one operation.