DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
Occupational Description:Cover interior walls or ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, or attach advertising posters on surfaces such as walls and billboards. May remove old materials or prepare surfaces to be papered.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||230||$10.56/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Paperhangers
- Applies thinned glue to waterproof porous surfaces, using brush, roller, or pasting machine.
- Trims rough edges from strips, using straightedge and trimming knife.
- Aligns and places strips or poster sections of billboard on surface to match adjacent edges.
- Trims excess material at ceiling or baseboard, using knife.
- Applies acetic acid to damp plaster to prevent lime from bleeding through paper.
- Measures walls and ceiling to compute number and length of strips required to cover surface.
- Fills holes and cracks with plaster, using trowel.
- Removes paint, varnish, and grease from surfaces, using paint remover and water soda solution.
- Removes old paper, using water, steam machine, or chemical remover and scraper.
- Erects and works from scaffold.
- Smoothes rough spots on walls and ceilings, using sandpaper.
- Staples or tacks advertising posters onto fences, walls, or poles.
- Marks vertical guideline on wall to align first strip, using plumb bob and chalkline.
- Smoothes strips or poster sections with brush or roller to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Measures and cuts strips from roll of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razor.
- Mixes paste, using paste-powder and water, and brushes paste onto surface.