DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
47-2171 Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
Occupational Description:Position and secure steel bars or mesh in concrete forms in order to reinforce concrete. Use a variety of fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, and hand tools. Includes rod busters.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers||490||$24.93/hr||25.3%|
|Tile and Marble Setters||340||$20.60/hr||29.0%|
|Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters||230||$17.59/hr||71.5%|
Tasks for Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Determines number, sizes, shapes, and locations of reinforcing rods from blueprints, sketches, or oral instructions.
- Selects and places rods in forms, spacing and fastening them together, using wire and pliers.
- Bends steel rods with hand tools and rodbending machine.
- Cuts rods to required lengths, using hacksaw, bar cutters, or acetylene torch.
- Reinforces concrete with wire mesh.
- Welds reinforcing bars together, using arch-welding equipment.