DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
47-3011 Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
Occupational Description:Help brickmasons, blockmasons, stonemasons, or tile and marble setters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. Construction laborers who do not primarily assist brickmasons, blockmasons, and stonemasons or tile and marble setters are classified under "Construction Laborers" (47-2061). Apprentice workers are classified with the appropriate skilled construction trade occupation (47-2011 through 47-2231).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers||370||$29.43/hr||62.3%|
|Tile and Marble Setters||340||$20.60/hr||29.0%|
|Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons||100||$16.52/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Assists in the preparation, installation, repair or rebuilding of tile, brick or stone surfaces.
- Removes damaged tile, brick or mortar and prepares installation surfaces, using pliers, chipping hammers, chisels, drills, and metal wire anchors.
- Applies grout between joints of bricks or tiles, using grouting trowel.
- Removes excess grout and residue from tile or brick joints with wet sponge or trowel.
- Cleans installation surfaces, equipment, tools work site, and storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lance or polishing machines.
- Modifies material moving, mixing, grouting, grinding, polishing or cleaning procedures according to the type of installation or materials required.
- Corrects surface imperfections or fills chipped, cracked or broken bricks or tiles, using fillers, adhesives, and grouting materials.
- Erects scaffolding or other installation structures.
- Arranges and stores materials, machines, tools and equipment.
- Moves or positions marble slabs and ingot covers, using crane, hoist or dolly.
- Cuts materials to specified size for installation, using power saw or tile cutter.
- Selects materials for installation, following numbered sequence or drawings.
- Manually or machine-mixes mortar, plaster and grout, according to standard formulae.
- Transports materials, tools, and machines to installation site, manually or using conveyance equipment.
- Applies caulk, sealants or other agents to installed surface.