DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
Occupational Description:Help carpenters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment. Construction laborers who do not primarily assist carpenters are classified under "Construction Laborers" (47-2061). Apprentice workers are classified with the appropriate skilled construction trade occupation (47-2011 through 47-2231).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers||370||$29.43/hr||62.3%|
|Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters||280||$14.59/hr||52.0%|
|Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters||230||$17.59/hr||71.5%|
Tasks for Helpers--Carpenters
- Holds plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Positions and holds timbers, lumber, and paneling in place for fastening or cutting.
- Hews timbers.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Selects needed tools, equipment, and materials from storage and transports items to work site.
- Covers surfaces with laminated plastic covering material.
- Drills holes in timbers or lumber.
- Cuts tile or linoleum to fit.
- Cuts timbers, lumber and/or paneling to specified dimensions.
- Fastens timbers and/or lumber with glue, screws, pegs, or nails.
- Spreads adhesives on flooring to install tile or linoleum.
- Smoothes and sands surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking.
- Glues and clamps edges or joints of assembled parts.
- Cuts and installs insulating or sound-absorbing material.