DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-2011 Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
Occupational Description:Repair, maintain, or install computers, word processing systems, automated teller machines, and electronic office machines, such as duplicating and fax machines.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||50||9||$17.62/hr||$1.01/hr||$11.08/hr||$12.89/hr||$16.22/hr||$21.31/hr||$26.98/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Stock Clerks and Order Fillers||3,000||$10.26/hr||N/A|
|Packers and Packagers, Hand||2,410||$9.16/hr||N/A|
|Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers||1,060||$16.69/hr||N/A|
|Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||320||$15.56/hr||N/A|
|Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers||260||$22.93/hr||N/A|
|Model Makers, Metal and Plastic||70||$23.65/hr||N/A|
|Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service||60||$9.48/hr||N/A|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||50||$28.56/hr||N/A|
|Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers||20||$14.14/hr||N/A|
|Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers||N/A||$16.77/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers
- Removes money canisters from ATM, and replenishes machine supplies, such as deposit envelopes, receipt paper, and cash.
- Counts cash and items deposited by customers, and compares to transactions indicated on transaction tape from ATM.
- Tests machine functions, and balances machine cash account, using electronic keypad.
- Corrects malfunctions, such as jammed cash or paper, or calls repair personnel when ATM needs repair.
- Records transaction information on form or log, and notifies designated personnel of discrepancies.
- Replaces defective components and wiring.
- Tests faulty equipment and applies knowledge of functional operation of electronic units and systems to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain problems with equipment before breakdown or cause of breakdown.
- Tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects, using oscilloscopes, signal generators, ammeters, and voltmeters.
- Adjusts mechanical parts, using hand tools and soldering iron.
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Enters information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another, or to draw, modify, or store schematics.
- Calibrates testing instruments.
- Tests machine to locate cause of electrical problems, using testing devices, such as voltmeter, ohmmeter, and circuit test equipment.
- Repairs, adjusts, or replaces electrical and mechanical components and parts, using hand tools, power tools, and soldering or welding equipment.
- Operates machine, such as typewriter, cash-register, or adding machine to test functioning of parts and mechanisms.
- Disassembles machine and examines parts, such as wires, gears, and bearings for wear and defects, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices.
- Reads specifications, such as blueprints, charts, and schematics to determine machine settings and adjustments.
- Assembles and installs machine according to specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices.
- Instructs operators and servicers in operation, maintenance, and repair of machine.
- Cleans and oils mechanical parts to maintain machine.