DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-2094 Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
Occupational Description:Repair, test, adjust, or install electronic equipment, such as industrial controls, transmitters, and antennas. Excludes “Avionics Technicians" (49-2091), "Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers, Motor Vehicles" (49-2096), and "Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment" (49-2093).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 10 - Southeast||40||8||$26.53/hr||$3.05/hr||$14.07/hr||$19.94/hr||$26.39/hr||$32.96/hr||$37.38/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technicians||340||$27.11/hr||N/A|
|Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers||220||$25.92/hr||N/A|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||120||$15.59/hr||N/A|
|Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers and Repairers||20||$11.30/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
- Analyzes technical requirements of customer desiring to utilize electronic equipment, and performs installation and maintenance duties.
- Inspects components of equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Tests faulty equipment, using test equipment and applying knowledge of functional operation of electronic unit and systems, to diagnose malfunction.
- Advises management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- Signs overhaul documents for equipment replaced or repaired.
- Consults with customer, supervisor, and engineers to plan layout of equipment and to resolve problems in system operation and maintenance.
- Enters information into computer to copy program or to draw, modify, or store schematics, applying knowledge of software package used.
- Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests.
- Converses with equipment operators to ascertain whether mechanical or human error contributed to equipment breakdown.
- Studies blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Operates equipment to demonstrate use of equipment and to analyze malfunctions.
- Determines feasibility of using standardized equipment, and develops specifications for equipment required to perform additional functions.
- Replaces or repairs defective components, using hand tools and technical documents.
- Adjusts defective components, using hand tools and technical documents.
- Installs equipment in industrial or military establishments and in aircraft and missiles.
- Calibrates testing instruments and installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.