DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-2097 Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers and Repairers
Occupational Description:Repair, adjust, or install audio or television receivers, stereo systems, camcorders, video systems, or other electronic home entertainment equipment.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||30||$17.28/hr||N/A|
|Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers||10||N/A||N/A|
Tasks for Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Disassembles equipment and repairs or replaces loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools and soldering iron.
- Positions or mounts speakers and wires speakers to console.
- Computes cost estimates for labor and materials.
- Analyzes and tests products and parts to locate defects or source of trouble.
- Confers with customers to determine nature of problem or to explain repairs.
- Makes service calls and repairs units in customers' homes or returns unit to shop for major repair.
- Installs electronic equipment or instruments, such as televisions, radios, audio-visual equipment, and organs, using hand tools.
- Tests circuits, using schematic diagrams, service manuals, and testing instruments such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes, and audiogenerators.
- Tunes or adjusts equipment and instruments, according to specifications, to obtain optimum visual or auditory reception.