DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-3091 Bicycle Repairers
Occupational Description:Repair and service bicycles.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers||2,270||$24.15/hr||39.0%|
|Home Appliance Repairers||910||$17.80/hr||2.5%|
|Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics||790||$16.34/hr||18.4%|
|Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers||740||$15.70/hr||20.1%|
|Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers||370||$19.82/hr||8.9%|
|Locksmiths and Safe Repairers||170||$18.37/hr||23.8%|
Tasks for Bicycle Repairers
- Installs, repairs, and replaces equipment or accessories, such as handle bars, stands, lights, and seats.
- Disassembles axle to repair, adjust, and replace defective parts, using hand tools.
- Welds broken or cracked frame together, using oxyacetylene torch and welding rods.
- Paints bicycle frame, using spray gun or brush.
- Repairs holes in tire tubes, using scraper and patch.
- Assembles new bicycles.
- Shapes replacement parts, using bench grinder.
- Installs and adjusts speed and gear mechanisms.
- Aligns wheels.