DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-9011 Mechanical Door Repairers
Occupational Description:Install, service, or repair automatic door mechanisms and hydraulic doors. Includes garage door mechanics.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers||130||$21.10/hr||N/A|
|Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines||110||$21.35/hr||N/A|
|Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door||10||$30.04/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Mechanical Door Repairers
- Installs door frames, door closers and electronic-eye mechanisms, using power tools, hand tools, and electronic test equipment.
- Sets in and secures floor treadle for door activating mechanism and connects powerpack and electrical panelboard to treadle.
- Studies blueprints and schematic diagrams to determine method of installing and repairing automated door openers.
- Bores and cuts holes in flooring, using hand tools and power tools.
- Covers treadle with carpeting or other floor covering materials and tests system by stepping on treadle.
- Cleans door closer parts, using caustic soda, rotary brush, and grinding wheel.
- Lubricates door closer oil chamber and packs spindle with leather washer.
- Repairs, replaces, or fabricates worn or broken parts, using welder, lathe, drill press, and shaping and milling machines.
- Removes or disassembles defective automatic mechanical door closers, using hand tools.