DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-9041 Industrial Machinery Mechanics
Occupational Description:Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery or refinery and pipeline distribution systems. Excludes “Millwrights" (49-9044), "Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines" (49-3042), and "Maintenance Workers, Machinery" (49-9043).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 2 - Headwaters||20||4||$17.31/hr||$2.56/hr||$12.77/hr||$13.72/hr||$15.29/hr||$21.22/hr||$22.63/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||110||$12.05/hr||N/A|
|Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers||10||$12.42/hr||N/A|
|Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers||N/A||$14.17/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Confers with operators and observes, tests, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Disassembles machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Fabricates replacement parts.
- Orders or requisitions parts and materials.
- Enters codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Records repairs and maintenance performed.
- Repairs and replaces electrical wiring and components of machinery.
- Welds to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Test-runs repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery.