DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-9043 Maintenance Workers, Machinery
Occupational Description:Lubricate machinery, change parts, or perform other routine machinery maintenance. Excludes “Maintenance and Repair Workers, General" (49-9071).
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|EDR 11 - 7 County Twin Cities||310||56||$22.56/hr||$0.46/hr||$16.03/hr||$19.33/hr||$22.30/hr||$26.27/hr||$29.48/hr|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change -|
|Cutting, Punching, and Press Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||3,620||$17.25/hr||N/A|
|Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic||1,550||$15.22/hr||N/A|
|Mechanical Door Repairers||490||$21.82/hr||N/A|
|Engine and Other Machine Assemblers||130||$22.57/hr||N/A|
Tasks for Maintenance Workers, Machinery
- Sets up and operates machine and adjusts controls that regulate operational functions to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Installs, replaces, or changes machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Lubricates, oils, or applies adhesive, or other material to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Replaces or repairs metal, wood, leather, glass, or other lining in machine or equipment compartments or containers.
- Dismantles machine, removes machine parts, and reassembles machine, using hand tools, chain falls, jack, crane, or hoist.
- Inspects or tests damaged machine parts and marks defective area or advises supervisor of need for repair.
- Records and maintains production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Marks, separates, ties, aligns, threads, attaches, or inserts material or product preparatory to machine operation or to identify machine process.
- Measures, mixes, prepares and tests chemical solutions used to clean or repair machinery and equipment, according to product specifications.
- Communicates with or assists other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts or equipment.
- Replaces, empties, or replenishes empty machine and equipment containers, such as gas tanks or boxes.
- Removes hardened material from machine or machine parts, using abrasives, power and hand tools, jackhammer, sledgehammer, or other equipment.
- Reads work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Cleans machine and machine parts, using cleaning solvent, cloth, air gun, hose, vacuum, or other equipment. 111, 120, 121,
- Collects and discards worn machine parts and other garbage to maintain machinery and work areas.
- Transports machine parts, tools, equipment and other material between work areas and storage, using crane, hoist, or dolly.
- Inventories and requisitions machine parts, equipment, and other supplies to replenish and maintain stock.
- Cuts, shapes, smoothes, attaches or assembles pieces of metal, wood, rubber, or other material repair and maintenance machines and equipment.
- Starts machine and observes mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect defects, malfunctions, or other machine damage.