DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
49-9091 Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
Occupational Description:Install, service, adjust, or repair coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Computer, Automated Teller, and Office Machine Repairers||2,120||$17.59/hr||-0.3%|
|Tire Repairers and Changers||1,140||$12.63/hr||15.6%|
|Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic||430||$15.06/hr||12.8%|
|Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers||410||$23.93/hr||8.9%|
|Locksmiths and Safe Repairers||180||$22.83/hr||23.8%|
|Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles||70||$30.67/hr||11.3%|
|Shoe and Leather Workers and Repairers||N/A||$16.02/hr||-20.9%|
Tasks for Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
- Adjusts and repairs vending machines and meters and replaces defective mechanical and electrical parts, using hand tools, soldering iron, and diagrams.
- Shellacs or paints dial markings or mechanisms' exterior, using brush or spray gun.
- Replenishes vending machines with ingredients or products.
- Keeps records of machine maintenance and repair.
- Collects coins from machine and makes settlements with concessionaires.
- Tests dispensing, coin-handling, electrical, refrigeration, carbonation, or ice making systems of machine.
- Examines and inspects vending machines and meters to determine cause of malfunction.
- Disassembles and assembles machines, following specifications and using hand tools and power tools.
- Cleans and oils parts with soap and water, gasoline, kerosene, or carbon tetrachloride.