DETAILED OCCUPATION DATA
51-2031 Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
Occupational Description:Construct, assemble, or rebuild machines, such as engines, turbines, and similar equipment used in such industries as construction, extraction, textiles, and paper manufacturing.
|Geography||Employment||Emp SE*||Mean||Mean SE*||10th||25th||Median||75th||90th|
|*SE = Standard error, a measure of the statistical reliability of the estimate.|
(click title for details)
|Employment||Median Wage||% Change 2010 - 2020|
|Farm Equipment Mechanics||2,120||$17.51/hr||13.6%|
|Maintenance Workers, Machinery||890||$19.58/hr||5.2%|
|Mechanical Door Repairers||760||$20.04/hr||29.2%|
|Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers||410||$23.93/hr||8.9%|
Tasks for Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
- Fastens components or parts together, using hand tools, rivet gun, and welding equipment.
- Maintains and lubricates parts and components.
- Sets up and operates metalworking machines, such as milling and grinding machines, to shape or fabricate parts.
- Removes rough spots and smoothes surfaces to fit, trim, or clean parts or components, using hand tools and power tools.
- Operates machine to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to customer's specifications.
- Lays out and drills, reams, taps, and cuts parts for assembly.
- Analyzes assembly blueprint and specifications manual, and plans assembly or building operations.
- Fastens and installs piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to specifications.
- Inspects and tests parts and accessories for leakage, defect, or functionality, using test equipment.
- Verifies conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, and micrometers.
- Sets and verifies clearance of parts.
- Reworks, repairs, and replaces damaged parts or assemblies.
- Positions and aligns components for assembly, manually or with hoist.